Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica
Growing up in Arizona you learn quickly to enjoy cooling drinks that are refreshing, invigorating and make you feel good. I always did love a nice huge cup of iced tea – sugar free of course. Tea has always had the ability of easing indigestion and tummy trouble, and acting almost as a mental clarifyer when my brain is fried from heat. I love tea, and have learned to love green tea as well, both iced and hot. Although I have largely given up drinking coffee, my cup or two of iced or hot tea a day help keep me moving in the right direction and although they do contain caffeine, it has much less than I was having with my two huge cups of coffee a day habit.
Tea has been drunk in China and other parts of Asia for over 5000 years and is one of the 50 fundamental herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)2. It is also used frequently in the traditional medicine of India called Ayurdeva….
The rest of this article can be found over at Natural Herbal Living Magazine, where we focus on getting to build a deep and meaningful relationship with one herb a month. You can view it here. We are slowly transitioning our herbal articles to this site, so I would recommend keeping Natural Herbal Living on your radar if you love posts about herbs, herbal uses, recipes, education and more!
Read this my dears, and you will see
how to make a nice cup of tea
take teapot to kettle, not t’other way round
and when you hear that whistling sound
pour a little in the pot
just make it nice and hot.
Pour that out and put in the tea,
loose or in bags, your choice, you see.
One bag for each two cups will do
with one extra bag to make a fine brew.
Steep 3-5 minutes then pour a cup.
Then sit right down and drink it up!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014