It is hot. Boy oh boy is it hot. In this heat I will do anything to encourage my kids, husband, and myself to drink extra fluids to stay hydrated, I even considered buying those plastic straws for the kids drinks, but I just couldn’t bring my self to spend money on plastic straws that will sit in landfills for hundreds of years, slowly leeching toxins into the soil and ground water. I just couldn’t do it. That is why I was so excited when GlassDharma asked me to review some of their wonderful glass drinking straws!
GlassDharma is a company based in California that produces hand made glass straws made of borosilicate glass, the safest and strongest glass commercially available. Now, my children will tell you that even the strongest glass breaks when thrown hard enough into tile, so GlassDharma offers a 100% lifetime guarantee. If your straws break, they will replace them for the lifetime of the straw. As a mother and a klutzy woman, that sounds like a good deal to me. *Note* No glass straws were broken in the two weeks that I have had the straws, that is not for a lack of my children’s trying though.
So, why use glass straws?
- You can use them in hot or cold drinks without worrying about toxins leaching into your herbal tea or coffee.
- The kids love them
- The husband loves it, and by using them has increased his water intake substantially.
- They are beautiful, and add “A Touch of Glass” to your drink… see what they did there? Really though, guests love them, they are a beautiful talking point for specialty drinks. GlassDharma even has straws in four different sizes from Bubble Tea (14mm), Smoothie (12mm), Iced Tea (9.5mm) – what I got to review, and Sipper (7mm) – perfect for cocktails.
- Reduces the chance of tooth staining acidic drinks by bypassing the teeth! No more coffee tooth stains for you.
- Easy to clean – I got a straw brush with my straws that make them so easy to clean by hand – the straw cleaning brushes are not included with every straw, so be sure to get a set with a brush for easy cleaning! You can even pop them in the dishwasher to clean.
- To reduce the environmental impact of plastics. Every little bit helps!
The straws I was given to review:
I was sent three straws to review. Check out the pictures below and see my notes on each!
My two year old son LOVED the shorty straw. It was just his size, at only 6 1/2 inches long. He didn’t have to reach far to get his drink and very much enjoyed the tea party he was having with his sister.
My daughter’s favorite was the “Beautiful Bend” straw. She is a little bit bigger and the bend in this straw was perfect for her to enjoy her herbal kool-aid knock off tea in style. She drank up the whole thing!
My husband and my favorite by far was the beautifully elegant, yet simple, “Decorative Dots” straw. It is beautiful and practical, one of the few things in the house that serves both purposes. It would be great for entertaining friends at a BBQ on the back porch enjoying some iced tea…. or margaritas.
Are you ready to enter to win your own GlassDharma Straws?
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014