Welcome to Week 2 of the 31 Days to Detoxify Your Life Challenge!
This week we are focusing on removing the toxins from our homes.
The Average American Uses about 25 Gallons of toxic, hazardous chemical products per year in their home…A major portion of these can be found in household cleaning products.
—”Prosperity Without Pollution,” by Joel S. Hirschorn and Kirsten V. Oldenburg, 1991
The toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than air pollution.
– Environmental Protection Agency report in 1985
Of chemicals commonly found in homes, 150 have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities.
—Consumer Product Safety Commission
In the past 50 years more than 75,000 chemicals have been introduced into the environment. Today 300 synthetic chemicals are found in the bodies of humans. Even newborn babies have synthetic chemicals passed on from their mothers.
—REACH (Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals, a European Union program)
The chemicals most people are using to clean their homes are insanely toxic and have a whole host of detrimental health effects associated with them ranging anywhere from skin sensitivity, endocrine disruption (read hormone issues), to cancer and even death. These are cleaners Americans use in their homes every single day! You can look up the cleaners you are using in the EWG database and see what grades they get.
Thankfully, there are many safe and effective natural cleaners that people can use without all of the nasty health effects.
In Week 2 we discuss the health effects of “normal”cleaning products, and then we give you better, healthier, non toxic options to use instead. Most of these recipes have less than five ingredients, all which are natural and non-toxic. You can customize them to meet your needs and even add the fragrances you enjoy by using essential oils. These cleaners are sure to turn any skeptic into a believer.
We include over 20 cleaning recipes, from carpets to hard wood floors, antibiotic counter cleaner, powdered and liquid laundry soap and so much more! You will be glad to have this invaluable resource on your computer or e-reader as a quick and easy guide to natural non-toxic house cleaning.
Some of the cleaning recipes you will find in the book are:
- Homemade Floor Cleaner
- Carpet Stain Remover
- Natural Carpet and Air Freshener
- DIY Disinfecting Counter Spray
- Homemade Dish Soap
- Natural Stain Remover
- Natural Fabric Softener
- Liquid and Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Easy Bathtub Scrub
- Glass Cleaner
- Non-Toxic Glass Cleaner
- … And so much more!
Here is an example of one of the great recipes you will find in the book:
DIY Disinfecting Counter Spray
By Amanda – Natural Living Mamma
Most natural cleaning recipes out there use white vinegar as a base for everything, but this recipe has an extra special punch that leaves the surface squeaky clean, microbe free, and does not leave a streaky finish like most vinegar cleaners. What is the secret? Alcohol. Alcohol is a great disinfectant and evaporates quickly to leave a streak free shine.
- Spray bottle
- ½ part white vinegar
- ½ part lemon juice (sugar free, organic, straight from the lemon works great)
- ½ part vodka (or rubbing alcohol, I prefer vodka)
- 1 part water
- 15-20 drops essential oils (optional) – I like cinnamon for its ability to kill salmonella, MRSA, and other potent strains of bacteria. A mixture of cinnamon and sweet orange is lovely and works so well.
Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle, shake, spray and wipe away! It is that easy.
Are you ready for this week? Come join us and make the commitment to detoxify your life safely, naturally, and without harmful side effects. Make a real change in your life and take this step to better health and wellness.
Are you ready to change your health for the better? Take the 31 Days to Detoxify Your Life challenge today!
On January 12th the book will be 50% off! One day only! BUY HERE.
Would you like to win some great essential oils that can help you clean your home naturally? Enter to win one of two wonderful prizes sponsored by Sarah at My Merry Messy Life and Piping Rock Essential Oils!
We are giving away two sets of Essential Oils from Piping Rock. Each set includes a spray bottle, dropper bottle, and peppermint, cinnamon bark, nutmeg, lemon, eucalyptus, and rosemary oil along with a sweet almond carrier oil! Total Retail Value of each is $51.54
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014