Getting into the spirit of the holidays, I have been playing with different “holiday” scent combinations. This gingerbread cookie lip scrub works wonders at exfoliating, polishing, and moisturizing the delicate lip skin, and tastes amazing too! The best part is you probably have these ingredients in your home already. This will make a wonderful holiday gift for the people on your gift list along with some home made lip balm (coming soon).
The links you see below are affiliate links to the products that I use to make this recipe. I will get a small commission if you purchase through them at no additional cost to you. If you use these links the money earned will help me to continue to provide you with the content you have grown to love. Thank you for your support.
Gingerbread Cookie Lip Polish
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (moisturizing and nourishing to the skin)
- 2 tsp sugar (exfoliating and delicious)
- 1 tsp molasses (brightens skin, has been used traditionally in skincare for ages)
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger (encourages the movement of blood. To learn more about the medicinal properties of ginger check out Natural Herbal Living Magazine’s October issue)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (improves blood movement, antibiotic, reduces redness and great for acne)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (improves blood circulation, antibiotic, invigorating and exfoliating)
Soften but do not melt the coconut oil, and combine all ingredients together. Place it in a jar and give it as a gift!
To use it, take a small amount of the scrub on your finger and rub it in a circular motion on your lips. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes and lick it off… erm… wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. But really, if you lick it off no one will blame you. This stuff is delicious!
*caution* Do not use on open sores.
This post shared at Wildcrafting Wednesday
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014