It is that time of year again! Time to start making handmade holiday gifts for the whole family. Last year I made a point to make most of our holiday gifts from scratch. I decided to make gifts that I knew people would enjoy and formulate them to meet each persons specific needs. Last year I made herbal bath oils, coffee sugar scrub, lotion bars, cinnamon ornaments, vanilla extract, herbal bath salts, and body butter. Since we have those basics covered, this month we are going to get into body care set themes. This week we are going to focus on Lavender and Rose since Rose is the herb of the month for Natural Herbal Living Magazine, and makes a wonderful gift for friends and family alike.
I have linked where to find the herbs to my affiliate Mountain Rose Herbs. If you order from them, I get a percentage of the order back as a commission. By ordering through these links you are helping me pay to maintain this website and bring you the quality information you have grown to expect. Thank you for your support.
Lavender Rose Body Polish
- 1 C coarse sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive or jojoba Oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 C dried rose petals
- 1/8 C lavender flowers
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil or rose absolute (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Place in a sterilized glass container, seal, and enjoy.
- In the shower, scrub any non-delicate skin with the mixture.
- Be sure not to slip! The oil in the mix can make the floor a little slippery.
Why these ingredients?
Sugar is a wonderful exfoliating scrub. It removes dead skin cells and promotes cellular regeneration.
Raw Honey is an ancient beauty remedy going back as far as we have writings. Honey is moisturizing, removes blemishes and impurities, is antimicrobial which helps rid the body of impurities.
Olive Oil is an easy oil most people have on hand. It is wonderful for people with normal/oily skin. Olive oil draws out impurities, moisturizes, and helps the skin maintain a healthy balance of natural oils on the skin. It is the vegetable oil that is closest to the natural oil human skin produces.
Jojoba Oil is a very potent moisturizer and is ideal for people with normal/dry skin. It helps balance the oil in the skin, moisturizes, and encourages new cell growth. It is full of anti-oxidants helpline the skin look and feel younger.
Lavender is another very old beauty remedy. Lavender is moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, reduces redness, swelling, wrinkles, sun spots, itchy skin, and so much more. It also is calming to the body and mind, helps ease stress, anxiety and worry and helps a person feel supported emotionally.
Rose is well known for its skin benefits. It is a very popular addition to anti-aging blends because of its extremely high Vitamin C content, which helps nourish the skin, reduce wrinkles, and is a potent anti-oxidant making the skin feel and look younger. It is moisturizing also and the smell opens the heart and the mind to good things.
This post shared at Wildcrafting Wednesday
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014