My husband and I love coffee. I tried giving it up but it was a no-go. We just love coffee so much.
Since making the switch to whole foods, my husband has very much missed his coffee creamer. He has a love for peppermint white chocolate mocha. Last weekend he was having a no good very bad day and I decided to make him an all natural peppermint mocha. This drink is delicious! I told him it tastes like “happy tingling in my mouth” and he said “oh my”. So I will just say its tasty, and you should try it.
This recipe is for one serving of this coffee, about two cups worth. If you are making this for multiple people just increase the amount of coconut milk, honey and cocoa powder you use.
Natural Iced Peppermint Mocha
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan (if you sub raw sugar, maple syrup or agave for honey)
- 2/3 of the normal amount of coffee that you would use when you make a pot of coffee.
- Replace the other 1/3 with dried peppermint leaf. You will have to add equal parts coffee and peppermint if you are using fresh leaf.
- The normal amount of water you use to make your coffee
- 1/2 C Canned Coconut Milk (affiliate link for the brand I use) per serving
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey (affiliate link to the brand I use) per serving
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (affiliate link to the brand I use) per serving
- Hand full of ice cubes per serving
- Magic Bullet or Blender (affiliate links)
- Combine the coffee grounds and peppermint leaf and brew it like you normally would brew regular coffee. I make mine in a french press (affiliate link) so I poured boiling water over it and let it steep for 5 minutes before straining.
- Put your coconut milk, cocoa powder, and raw honey into a magic bullet cup or the blender.
- Pour 1 cup of hot coffee over it all. If you leave the spoon you got the honey with in the cup the hot coffee will melt it quickly.
- Add Ice
- Blend until it is all mixed up.
- Pour it into your glass, garnish it with a nice fresh sprig of peppermint or some chocolate sprinkles, or both, and enjoy the delicious peppermint coffee!
- If you want more of a minty kick, add 1 drop of doTERRA peppermint essential oil to the brew. If you use any other brand be sure it is labeled for internal use.
That is it! Enjoy this cool summer drink responsibly. You might become addicted. It’s ok. There are enough health benefits to outweigh the bad.
******Announcing Natural Herbal Living Magazine 2013******
Do you love herbs? Do you want to learn to build a wonderful lasting relationship with twelve herbs a year? You will learn all about the herb, essential oil, flower essence, then you get to learn all about how several different experienced herbalists use this wonderful herb.
PLUS by pre-ordering on Kickstarter, you save money! Who doesn’t love saving money?
Read more about this great magazine coming out September 2013 here!
Welcome to Simple Meals Friday!
Meet Your Hosts
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
- Keep the foods “nourishing”, such as homemade chicken stocks, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats (lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tallow), unrefined sugars, flours and salts and meats.
- Please don’t include recipes using processed oils such as soy and canola oil, msg laden bouillon and other highly processed foods. Try to incorporate traditional methods of preparing foods like, sprouting, soaking, sourdough and lacto-fermentation. If I notice a recipe using these ingredients it will be deleted.
- Link back to this blog hop, it is a common linking courtesy. It helps to build a stronger blogging community. That way we can all learn and share with each other.
We enjoyed reading all your submissions. The hosts will pick a favorite post to feature on next week’s Simple Meals Friday. If you want to be featured please be sure to link back to this blog hop. Our favorites will be featured on facebook and pintrest!
Featured Simple Meals
This Nettle Smoothie from A Life Unprocessd looks great! “These smoothies taste fabulous, and are undoubtedly very nutritious. Nettles are high in protein, iron, and many other minerals and micronutrients.”
These grilled sausages make a wonder salad served in the Herban Momma’s kitchen. “This is a super easy weeknight meal when you don’t want to turn on the oven. There are a bunch of different varieties depending on what kind of sausage and other topping you want to use – get creative.”
It’s time to link up your favorite Simple Meals!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014