Hello! My name is Andrea from Homemade for Elle and I am so excited to be doing a guest post at Natural Living Mamma!
I wanted to share one of my favorite homemade beauty products with you:
Whipped Coconut Oil.
Living in a dry climate and being genetically predisposed to have dry skin, I am an avid lotion user. The problem is, I have no idea what lotion is made of. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on your lotion bottle? I recently did, and I can tell you, it freaked me out. I have been putting these things onto my skin, without having any idea what they are or what possible side effects they have.
Luckily, there is a much safer way to moisturize! And it only requires 4 simple, real ingredients.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil (optional, for dry skin)
- 6-10 drops essential oil
- Using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, beat together all ingredients on high for 6-8 minutes, until whipped and fluffy.
- Use a spoon or a Popsicle stick to retrieve the oil from the jar, to prevent contamination. Whipped Oil should keep at room temperature up to 24 months, if sealed with a lid. Refrigeration is not necessary
That’s it! How easy, right?
It provides 24 hour moisture, even more effective than lotion. In addition, coconut oil can serve as sunscreen, it helps heal sores and cuts, improves nutrient absorption, and has been used in prevention of various diseases including liver and kidney disease. The vitamin E helps prevent wrinkles and also is another layer of protection from UV rays. Jojoba oil soothes skin and helps unclog hair follicles. It is also helpful for psoriasis and on sunburns. Finally, your skin receives the tremendous benefits of whatever essential oil you choose to add! My personal favorite is lavender for its anti-inflammatory and calming properties.
Interested in winning a free dōTERRA Introductory Kit including Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils to add to your homemade products? Come back and enter to win the Intro Kit on January 16th from the Green Resolutions Giveaway hop along with 3 other prizes!
***Announcing Natural Herbal Living Magazine 2013***
Do you love herbs? Do you want to learn to build a wonderful lasting relationship with twelve herbs a year? You will learn all about the herb, essential oil, flower essence, then you get to learn all about how several different experienced herbalists use this wonderful herb.
PLUS by pre-ordering on Kickstarter, you save money! Who doesn’t love saving money?
Read more about this great magazine coming out September 2013 here!
Hi, this is Andrea from Homemade for Elle. I am thrilled to be a contributor to Natural Living Mamma!
I live in New Mexico with my husband and my two-year-old daughter. After my daughter was born, I jumped on the “green and crunchy” bandwagon, and have been striving to eliminate toxic products from our lives. I make my own household cleaners and beauty products. I create wholesome, delicious meals from real food ingredients, and keep processed junk out of my home.
I have a background in finance, and strive to live a debt free life (although I have a ways to go). I enjoy reading, writing and living in ways that are environmentally friendly and frugal. I love taking pictures of nature, food and my daughter. I garden, I read labels, and I play the piano.
I believe by living simply and naturally, we become happy and healthy. If you’re into that kind of thing (and I assume you are, because you’re here, right?), please follow me on Facebook,Twitter, and Pinterest.
This post shared on: Wildcrafting Wednesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Super Link Party, Small Footprint Friday
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014