Everybody loves a good body butter, especially in winter when the air seems to suck the moisture right out of us. This moisturizing body butter is made with nutritious and nourishing ingredients to give your skin the love it needs in the winter. It also makes a great gift for anybody.
I have had bad luck with a lot of body butter recipes I have tried. This is by far the best I have tried. I got it from One Good Thing by Jilee and just used an infused olive oil instead of almond oil. I have made four batches and they have all turned out wonderfully. This is the original recipe.
I would like to note that I do not have a stand mixer, or even a regular double beater I only have a hand mixer with a whisk attachment I did not let the oils get so cold that it was partially solid because of it. I chose to mix it for a longer period of time instead. If you have a stand mixer it is much easier. This is why I don’t sell body butter in my shop… yet. Maybe Santa will bring me a stand mixer with the tax return money in March.
- 1 C Shea or Coca Butter
- ½ C Coconut Oil
- ½ C Herb infused olive oil (I like chamomile and calendula) or any other liquid carrier oil
- 15-30 drops essential oils of your choice. Geranium, Rose absolute, Ylang Ylang and Frankincense is a great combination for dry skin
- Melt the shea or cocoa butter and coconut oil together using the double boiler method in a large pyrex bowl.
- Once they are completely melted remove from heat, add olive oil and essential oils and let set until cool. In the winter letting it set out side is the fastest way for it to cool down. If you are using a hand mixer with a whisk like I am do not let it solidify completely. Start to mix as soon as a layer forms on the side of the bowl. If using a stand mixer or hand beaters you can wait until it is cooled almost solid again like the original recipe above.
- Beet the oil mixture until it turns white and forms peaks.
- Put the butter into a container of your choice and enjoy the luxurious moisturizing power of this great body butter!
- This recipe makes enough to fill about 20oz containers. I have been making double batches and that makes five 8 oz jam mason jars of body butter.
Are you looking for some other handmade gift ideas?
Cinnamon ornaments– This super easy project is a fun one to do with kids. It has two ingredients and is loads of fun!
Homemade Vanilla Extract – This requires two ingredients and some patience and will make any food lover happy.
Herbal Bath Salts – These salts are great for both men and woman. They encourage relaxation and healing in stressful times and are really easy to make.
Lotion Bars – Three basic ingredients is all you need to make these moisturizing lotion bars.
Coffee Honey Sugar Scrub – This decadent sugar scrub is simple made with ingredients you have in your kitchen, smells amazing, exfoliating, moisturizing and reduces cellulite. What is not to love?
What are you making for your loved ones this holiday season?
***Announcing Natural Herbal Living Magazine 2013***
Do you love herbs? Do you want to learn to build a wonderful lasting relationship with twelve herbs a year? You will learn all about the herb, essential oil, flower essence, then you get to learn all about how several different experienced herbalists use this wonderful herb.
PLUS by pre-ordering on Kickstarter, you save money! Who doesn’t love saving money?
Read more about this great magazine coming out September 2013 here!
- Natural Living Monday - October 26, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - October 19, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - October 12, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - October 5, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 28, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 21, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 14, 2014
- BPA in receipts? What you need to know. - September 11, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 8, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - August 31, 2014