Cinnamon Ornaments are such a wonderful and easy handmade gift.
Perfect for friends, family, grandparents and for your own tree! These ornaments are super simple and add a delightful aroma that will remind you of the holidays. You can paint and decorate them as you choose, or just leave them plain! Either way the memories created are priceless.
- 2c Cinnamon with a little extra to dust the parchment paper and rolling pin
- 2c Applesauce
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutters
- String, twine, or ribbon to hang the ornaments with.
- Essential oils to enhance the delicious smells of the holidays like ginger, peppermint, wild orange, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves.
- Paint or other art supplies to decorate the ornaments with.
- Combine cinnamon and apple sauce and mix until you get a nice solid dough that is easily manipulated. If the dough is to dry or crumbly add 1tbsp of applesauce or water to the dough until it is the right consistency.
- Spread parchment paper on the table or counter, sprinkle with cinnamon to avoid the stickies and put a chunk of the dough on it.
- Dust the rolling pin with cinnamon and roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out ornaments and keep re-using all of the dough until it is gone.
- While they are still wet, puncture the top of the ornaments with a straw creating a hole to put your string or ribbon through.
- Leave on the counter to dry solid (about 2 days) or put in the oven at 200 degrees for 2-4 hours until dry.
- When they are dry add 2-4 drops of essential oil, decorate, and hang on your tree or give them as gifts!
That is it! Super easy and cute ornaments. My 2 year old daughter helped cut the ornaments out and stab them with straws. She definitely had fun squishing the finished ornaments before they dried too. Some of the ornaments may have been lost but the memories will last a lifetime!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014