Little Bit Loo Creations is sponsoring a diaper for My Merry Fluffy Christmas giveaway and I could not be more thrilled!
I love these diapers. Seriously.
She makes diapers from up-cycled t-shirts and finds some of the cutest, most entertaining prints I have seen. All of her diapers are unique and have a special flare and style that I really relate to. My favorite diaper that I have purchased from her is definitely “The Different Emotions of Chuck Norris” as seen below.
Her diapers are a hybrid fitted design of her own creation. She has two little ones in diapers and was looking for a diaper with absorbency that is able to breathe. She was not thrilled with the bulk of all-in-one diapers and set out to create her own to meet the needs of her little ones.
These diapers have a shell made from up-cycled t-shirts. The inside has highly absorbent materials that wick moisture away from the baby and holds it away from the body. The diaper also has an insert that snaps into the shell adding an extra layer of absorbency She even makes doublers and soakers to get through the long nights.
Here are the details about the Up-cycled Cloth Diapers from her site.
- fits 14 lbs up to aprox. 35 lbs. fold over rise for smaller babies (not all babies are the same, so it depends on your child’s build on how it will fit)
- 100% cotton knit shell with middle layer of fleece for absorbency (hybrid)
- 2 layer soaker that snaps into the cover and is attached at the top for quick drying
- each soaker layer has 1 layer knit and 2 layers of organic bamboo fleece
- all together this diaper has 9 layers of absorbency
- hidden elastic on sides and back to hold in messes
- made with gutterman thread to last through washings
- high quality plastic snaps
- serged around the soakers and the cover with white colored thread
- will need 4 or 5 washes to reach maximum absorbency
- this is made out of a used shirt and it is not uncommon to see small pulls, small pin holes, and possible small stains on the diaper-THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE USE OF THE DIAPER
- THIS DIAPER IS FITTED AND IS NOT WATERPROOF…IT WILL REQUIRE A COVER OR FREQUENT CHANGES
Although these diapers do not have PUL they last a good 2-3 hours before they feel damp on the outside. Compare that to the Osocozy fitteds I have that leak through right after the first pee and you will see why I LOVE these diapers.
She makes diapers with new material as well, but with the same pattern so the fit is the same. The GracieLoo diapers are made with cotton velour on the inside and cute cotton mesh fabric on the outside like the polka-dot diaper below.
I bought the Chuck Norris diaper, but she sent me a GracieLoo diaper (one of the new material ones) to test out too.
I got my first diaper from LittleBitLoo when my son was four months old. I have big babies so he was about 15lbs at the time. The diaper fit very well then. The rise snaps fold over so he had plenty of belly room. I love the way she has her snaps set on the diapers.
He is now almost 8 months old and about 19lbs. The diapers still fit him like a glove and they are just so darn cute. I almost never put covers over them except at night.
These are THE.BEST.NIGHT.DIAPER.EVER. Highly absorbent they do not leak, not even for the worst poop situations. I have never had a blow out moment with these diapers.
My daughter is over 2 years old and about 30 lbs. She also wears these diapers and they fit like a glove! She is the one in the pink polka-dot diaper.
I love these because they breathe. She has had a nasty rash and I have not been able to kick it for over two weeks! She has been exclusively wearing LittleBitLoo diapers without covers (unless we leave the house) for 2 days and the rash is almost gone!
I notice she also mentions when she pees in these diapers. I think their ability to breathe is allowing her to be more aware of the cool feeling when the diaper gets wet.
Elizabeth, the owner of LittleBitLoo has a daughter who runs much smaller than my kids and these diapers work for her too!
My only issue with these diapers is that it is hard to find a cover that covers the entire diaper. I have found that Flip covers work the best for these. Others are a little too thin around the hip and the leg gussets.
I have also noticed that even if some cloth is hanging out around the legs the diaper has never gotten wet there, even when the kids sleep in them over night SO if the cover does not completely cover the leg gussets too much don’t let it stress you out. These are some really well designed diapers.
Another note I have on these diapers is that if you buy the GracieLoo diaper instead of an up-cycled t-shirt diaper be sure to prep it separately from your other cloth for at least 3 cycles. Be sure to prep it in cold then hot water. The color on the velour ran and made our cool black and white skull and crossbones diaper black and pink! Thankfully my other diapers did not absorb any dye. I did not have these problems with any of the up-cycled diapers.
You can find LittleBitLoo creations on her Etsy Shop or on Facebook.
We are giving away an up-cycled tshirt diaper for My Merry Fluffy Christmas Event starting December 1st! I am so excited.
This is the diaper we are giving away. I wish I could win!
You can enter to win this FANTASTIC diaper (and so much more) here!
What do you like best about the LittleBitLoo diapers? Which pattern in her etsy shop do you love the most?
*Disclosure* This is my cousin. She provided me a diaper to review. I have purchased from her multiple times and have had great experience. All opinions are my own and I only promote products I love. No monetary compensation was received for this review.
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014