This year I am hosting our first Thanksgiving. Moreover it is a Paleo thanksgiving. Apparently, although I have fed my family nothing but awesome food for the better part of a year, my sister and parents are TERRIFIED that I am going to destroy thanksgiving in all of it’s tasty-ness with my pure lack of stuffing and pie crust.
Dear family, I am writing to assuage you of your fear of grainlessness. We will have a delicious Thanksgiving feast that is grain free and so satisfying you won’t even miss your store bought stove top stuffing.
- The Turkey: Honey Brined Smoked Turkey
- Miso Beef Roast brought by my sister and brother in law
- Caramelized Onion Sausage Stuffing by PaleOMG only I am adding bacon and garlic
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes (yeah we are using real potatoes but there are plenty of recipes for cauliflower “fauxtatoes” for those of you who are really hard core)
- Mashed Citrus Bliss Sweet Potatoes with cranberry componde
- Bacon Chive Sweet Potato Biscuits by PaleOMG
- Chebe Bread from the box
- The Sweet Potato Casserole and Cranberry Sauce from this post
- Some sort of green vegetable for propriety, although we all know it just sits there and looks sad and forlorn since everything else looks so delicious.
- The Best Paleo Pumpkin Pie by The Paleo Mom with homemade whipped cream
- Amanda’s Awesome Apple Pie by ME using the pie crust from the recipe above OR
- Gluten Free (I am modifying the crust) Apple Brie Tart
What great grain free recipes are you having this year? Any good vegetable recipes that I can use to hit this awesome dinner out of the ball park?
And now for Simple Meals Friday:
Welcome to Simple Meals Friday!
There is nothing like having a collection of simple meals to throw together in a slow cooker first thing in the morning or in a skillet as a last minute dinner. What are your favorite slow cooker, rice cooker, skillet meals and salads?
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
Check out these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, that are paleo, grain free and vegan from Tess.
Use the linky box below (or post in the comments) to share your recipes. You can use old or new posts and as many as you’d like. We are looking forward to seeing what you will add!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014