Immune Boosting Tea
Cold and flu season is in full swing here in Colorado. Add that to my bout of mastitis and this immune boosting tea is a life saver.
This tea is high in Vitamin C and contains herbs that will help kick that cold to the curb. Begin taking at the first sign of cold or flu symptoms to help support your body’s normal immune function. If you already have a raging cold or flu, try the Natural Mamma Cold and Flu Support Tea instead.
The healing combination of elderberry, rose hips, echinacia, chamomile, and astragalus will help your immune system stay strong. It tastes like a light juice making it a great tea to give to kids as an immune boost daily without any fight!
Organic Elderberry: “Bioflavonoids and other proteins in the juice destroy the ability of cold and flu viruses to infect a cell.”3
Organic Chamomile: Chamomile Tea is shown to boost the immune system and fight infections associated with colds 1
Organic Rose Hips: High in Vitamin C and other Anti-oxidents, Rose Hips help support the body’s natural immune function
Organic Astragalus: A powerfull adaptogenic herb that helps balance the body and increase immune function.
Organic Echinacea purpurea: A known, potent, immune system supporting herb increasing non specific immune system activity (think broad spectrum immunity).
This is a loose leaf blend.
You can make your own blend using the recipe below, or, if you don’t have the ingredients or time, you can purchase the tea from me under the “Natural Mamma Products” tab or here.
- 1 part Elderberry
- 2 parts Rose Hips
- 2 parts Echinacea puroporea
- 2 parts Chamomile
- 2 parts Astragalus
- Combine herbs and use 1tsp of the mix per cup of boiling water. Let steep at least 20 minutes up to 8 hours for full medicinal effect. Drink 2-3 cups a day as needed to support immune function.
You can buy your bulk herbs at Mountain Rose Herbs, which is where I get mine! At the time I am writing this they are out of elder berries. I bought the elderberry powder instead and it works just fine in the tea.
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014