Chicken Bone Broth
When you are sick, there is nothing better than a nice bowl of home made chicken soup. The base of this soup is always chicken broth, but what is chicken bone broth?
If you are like me you have heard about it a lot around the blogosphere lately. It is definitely a popular food choice but why?
Bone broth is healing:
- It helps soothe the gut and helps promote healing.
- It is full of nutrients that are vital to health and vitality. Read this great post all about the nutrient content of bone broth.
- It is wonderful for the bones, joints and teeth because of the high mineral content and bone supporting nutrients.
- It is great for the skin because of the high collagen content.
- Increases healing capability systematically.
How do I make it?
- Chicken bones and carcass from 2 chickens, or any left over bones saved over time
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 onions
- 1 head garlic
- 5 carrots (I use old carrots that have lost their crunch)
- 1 head celery (optional)
- Place chicken carcass and bones, water and ACV in crockpot or stock pot on medium/low simmer over night or about 10-16 hours.
- Add vegitables, slicing onions and garlic in half only and adding it to the pot skins and all.
- Let cook an additional 4 hours.
- Let cool slightly, strain the large particles, and store broth in mason jars in the refrigerator or freezer.
- The bones should be soft enough to crush between your pointer finger and thumb. This is how you know the bones properly demineralized.
******Announcing Natural Herbal Living Magazine 2013******
Do you love herbs? Do you want to learn to build a wonderful lasting relationship with twelve herbs a year? You will learn all about the herb, essential oil, flower essence, then you get to learn all about how several different experienced herbalists use this wonderful herb.
PLUS by pre-ordering on Kickstarter, you save money! Who doesn’t love saving money?
Read more about this great magazine coming out September 2013 here!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014