Natural Mamma Dry Itchy Skin Salve is a blend I made up for my daughter’s “winter skin” (read: eczema).
This blend of organic oils and herbs is soothing to the skin giving it what it needs to revitalize and nourish its self into soft, supple skin.
Ingredients: Organic Olive Oil, Bees Wax, Cocoa Butter, Organic Chamomile, Organic Marshmallow root, Organic Nettle, Organic Plantain, Organic Yarrow, CPTG Lavender Essential Oil, CPTG Melaleuca Essential Oil, CPTG Geranium Essential Oil, CPTG Frankincense Essential Oil
I have refined and tested this recipe with several friends until it was just right. My daughter (2 years old) asks for this salve constantly and lubes her self up with it. She just loves it!
You can purchase this salve from my herb store HERE. If you would like a custom salve without the coconut oil, or one of the herbs on the ingredient list, we can work together to customize this recipe to fit your needs.
Here is my original recipe for Ellie’s Eczema Salve if you like to make your own! See the original post here.
Ellie’s Eczema Salve
- 1/2 c Nettle/olive oil infusion
- 1/4 c Plantain/olive oil infusion
- 1/4 c Chamomile/olive oil infusion
- 1/4 c Callendula/olive oil infusion
- 1 oz Beeswax
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- 15 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Using the double boiler method (see here: http://wp.me/p2pBvv-Du) melt the bees wax, oil infusions, and coconut and almond oil together.
- Once it is all incorporated remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Pour into glass container and let cool before use.
- Use every morning and evening before bed or as needed to help treat dry, itchy, irritated skin.
Where do I get my herbs?
***Announcing Natural Herbal Living Magazine 2013***
Do you love herbs? Do you want to learn to build a wonderful lasting relationship with twelve herbs a year? You will learn all about the herb, essential oil, flower essence, then you get to learn all about how several different experienced herbalists use this wonderful herb.
PLUS by pre-ordering on Kickstarter, you save money! Who doesn’t love saving money?
Read more about this great magazine coming out September 2013 here!
This post shared on: Traditional Tuesdays, Living Green Link Up, The Gathering Spot, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Wildcrafting Wednesday,Thank Your Body Thursday, Your Green Resource, Natural Living Linkup
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014