Having a toddler and a teething almost six month old, I have very little time to prepare a nice, nutritious dinner for the family. This is why I LOVE my crock pot. I can put my meat and veggies in the pot and have dinner 4-6 hours later! I love this roasted crock pot chicken!
Crock Pot Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, remove giblets and neck and use for stock
- 1 onion, white or yellow
- 6-8 cloves garlic (sub 1-2 Tbsp Garlic Powder)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Remove the chicken from the package, removing neck and giblets for use in stock and rinse chicken in cold water.
- Roughly chop onion and stuff it into the cavity of the chicken.
- Slice garlic cloves and insert between the skin and the meat of the chicken.
- Combine seasoning and rub onto the chicken.
- Place everything in the Crock pot on high for 4-6 hours. It should be done cooking in 4 hours but the longer it cooks the more tender it will be.
Throw in veggies of your choice when you are cooking then dinner is done! So simple.
What are your favorite simple crock pot recipes? Share them in the comments or on Simple Meals Friday!
<div align="center"><a href="http://mexicanwildflower.blogspot.com/" title="Mexican Wild Flower"><img src="http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/Katie_Mae_Stanley/SimpleMealsFriday.png" alt="Mexican Wild Flower" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Welcome to the second week of Simple Meals Friday!
There is nothing like having a collection of simple meals to throw together in a slow cooker first thing in the morning or in a skillet as a last minute dinner.
What are your favorite slow cooker, rice cooker, skillet meals and salads?
We want to know your easy to make meals. It’s great learn and be inspired by others. When you link up on either of our sites the links will show up on both blogs.
Meet Your Hosts
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
Keep the foods “nourishing”, such as homemade chicken stocks, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats (lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tallow), unrefined sugars, flours and salts and meats.
Please don’t include recipes using processed oils such as soy and canola oil, msg laden bouillons and other highly processed foods. Try to incorporate traditional methods of preparing foods like, sprouting, soaking, sourdough and lacto-fermentation. If I notice a recipe using these ingredients it will be deleted.
Link back to this blog hop, it is a common linking courtesy. It helps to build a stronger blogging community. That way we can all learn and share with each other.
Featured Post From Last Week’s Submissions
Smoked Paprika Pork Chops by bexBuilt a Family. “This recipe for Smoked Paprika Pork Tenderloin With Succotash caught my eye, and I haven’t been able to forget it sense. So, I made it last night. To. Die. For.”
We enjoyed reading all your submissions. Both hosts will pick a favorite post to feature on next week’s Simple Meals Friday. If you want to be featured be sure to link back to this blog hop.
How to share your Simple Meals:
Use the linky box below (or post in the comments) to share your recipes. You can use old or new posts and as many as you’d like.
We are looking forward to seeing what you will add!
This post shared on: Fill Those Jars Friday, Foodie Friday, Weekend Potluck, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Homesteader Blog Carnival, The Gathering Spot, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Hearth and Soul , Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange, Traditional Tuesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014