The weather is finally starting to cool down and fall is in the air. I am finally able to make soups and chili without my husband complaining about me trying to make him die of heat stroke, which is wonderful!
I had a refrigerator full of peppers and needed something to do with them STAT so I made this chili, and it was so delicious I decided to share with you.
This chili is also GAPS legal as long as you can eat night shades. I added a dollop of sour cream to add some probiotics and it was pure deliciousness.
Natural Mamma’s Paleo Chili
1lb Cubed Beef
2lb Ground Beef
1 Medium Butternut Squash Cubed
2 Onions Finely Chopped
6 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
2 Red Bell Peppers
1 Orange Bell Pepper
2 Hatch Green Chilis
1 Habanero Pepper
1c Shredded zucchini
1 Quart Homemade Bone Broth
1 can Organic Tomato Sauce
Chilli powder, Paprika, and Salt to taste.
Brown the meat and put it in the crock pot, cook onions and garlic until transparent and into the crock pot. Roast the peppers in the oven, skin and into the crock pot. Add zucchini, broth, tomato sauce and seasonings. I add seasonings after it has had time to cook to see how spicy the peppers make it. I barely needed any this time around. Habanero are HOT. Cook on medium for 2-4 hours (as long as you need really, everything is cooked it is just blending flavors in the crock pot.) and enjoy !
As I have said before, I am not a food blogger. I cook from the heart so please take this recipe and run with it. Let me know what you come up with!
What is your favorite legume free chili recipe to enjoy when the nights turn cold?
This blog shared on: Fill Those Jars Friday, Snack Time Saturday Tiny Tip Tuesday, Living Green Tuesday, Homestead Barn Hop, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday , Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth and Soul, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange , Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Super Linky Party, Healthy 2 Day, Whats Cooking Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Natural Living Link Up
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014