This is my first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals and it was an AMAZING experience. Basically you get a name of another foodie pen pal and you exchange information. Any special diet restrictions? Any foods you love/hate? You have a $15 spending limit and you buy foods for your penpal you think they will enjoy.
My pen-pal this month was Ellie from Milwake her blog is Little Wonder and the Sun Machine. I let her know I am on GAPS and the restrictions having to do with that. She sent me some amazing local goodies that were delicious. I had to stop my self from digging in before I took pictures! (Please excuse the bad picture quality, I took these on my phone because my camera was MIA.)
Here is the letter she sent along with the package followed by my comments:
Here’s a gluten-free, GAPS-friendly package from Wisconsin!
- Honey from my friends farm. The honey is so sweet and delicious. Beautiful raw honey.
- Dark Mexican chocolate from the burbs.I had to really hold my self off of this one until I took the picture. The chocolate was amazing! I need more so Ellie, if you are reading this, where did that come from and can I buy it in bulk?!?
- Rishi tea from Milwaukee proper (though you can get it elsewhere, I think) Also very tasty and full of herbey goodness, you know how I am about herbs.
- West Indies BBQ rub (or seasoning for ketchup!) from The Spice House, which is in Milwaukee too. This has all whole spices, no grains, no sugar. OMG YUM! This spice mix is amazing. I have used it on pork-chops and baked chicken and I LOVE it. Mike even commented at how tasty it was and asked me where I got it! Ill have to start some LF ketchup when we move into the new house.
- And the most local of all, basil! I grew it in our veggie patch! It’s grown using organic practices, and is a combo of classic italian and spicy “cinnamon” basil, which is especially awesome in asian dishes. I LOVE basil! It smells amazing but, alas, I have not gotten a chance to cook with it yet, but I will!
Thank you so much again Ellie! It was amazing! I will definitely be participating in Foodie Pen Pals again in September. What a fun experience.
Read more about what others got on the August Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day Blog hop! There are some amazing pals out there!
What local goodies would you give to your foodie pen pal if you had one? What did you get/give to your pen pal?
This post shared on: August Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014
- GlassDharma Straws – Review and Giveaway - June 14, 2014