As most of you know we live in Colorado, north of the Denver area. I am sure you have heard but there are a lot of wild fires hitting us right now. It is the biggest fire season Colorado has had in a decade! The air has a constant haze to it and it has been smelling like campfire for days. Sometimes it seems like the half the state is on fire.
I am putting together a fundraiser to benefit the people suffering from the Colorado Wildfires. The proceeds of the Auction on my Facebook page will go to The Red Cross to benefit the people affected by the Colorado wild fires. If you would like to donate an item to the auction, that will be starting July 1st and run until the 7th please contact me at mkamandak <at> gmail <dot> com. I will need a picture of the item you are putting up for auction, a description, normal retail price, and what price we should start the auction at. Once there is a winner for each item and the payment has been made via paypal, the donater will mail the item directly to the winner to save shipping costs for everyone.
If you would like to help victims of the wildfires in other ways here is a great resource of who is collecting money and items for what areas.
Here is some more specific information on how to help people affected by the Waldo Canyon fire and the other fires in the area: This information was provided by Colorado Zombie Squad Via KOAA News. I just added the hyperlinks.
El Pomar is funding $100,000 to establish the Waldo Canyon Fire Victim Assistance Fund, which will be administered by Pikes Peak United Way. Pikes Peak United Way will accept donations from community members looking to support families and individuals. Pikes Peak United Way, Attn: Waldo Canyon Fire Victim Assistance Fund, 518 N. Nevada Avenue, 80903.
Salvation Army: if you’d like to volunteer to help with Waldo Canyon Fire relief efforts, register online at www.tsacs.org/registertoring or send a check earmarked “Disaster Relief or Wild Fires” to their local Salvation Army office, or by donating online at www.imsalvationarmy.org, or by making a credit card donation at 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
Red Cross: Shelter Information 632-3563
Care and Share food bank: 2605 Preamble Point (1/4 mile east of Powers off of Constitution Avenue) Colorado Springs, CO 80915
FILL THIS TRUCK will be located at Griffins Place 1208 S. 9th Street in Canon City starting at 8 am on June 28th. Master Printers will be donating the banners. Please come by and show your Canon City Support by donating. Every little bit helps those in need. The location and trailer will stay there until it is full!
Terra Verde is offering to match all cash or check donations dropped off at the store up to $5000. Stop in, donate to the Red Cross, Humane Society, Care and Share or other group supporting the Waldo Canyon Fire effort.
Toni and Guy Hairdressing Academy at 5125 N. Academy in Colorado Springs is offering free shampoo/styles for all evacuees. Open Tue-Sat, 8:30-4:00. Call 719-390-9898.
Grease Monkey is holding a food drive for the victims. Any and all proceeds will be donated 100% to the victims. Anyone who brings 5 donated items gets a $10 dollar extreme car wash for free good for 30 days and or $10 off a full service oil change.
Black Forest Animal Sanctuary can park trucks or RV’s with horse trailers, horses, and some small animals (dogs/Cats). Donations are needed ASAP for feed and rescue efforts. www.bfasfarm.org 494-0158
PPCC Student Government is spearheading a campaign to collect food, material and financial donations to support the firefighting efforts. Drop off food and clothing donations at any Campus Life office, Student Government tables in the atriums and commons areas at each campus, or the PPCC office at Falcon Campus. For more information, call 502-2522.
Care and Share will continue to serve as the primary drop off location at least through next Tuesday, 2605 Preamble Point in Colorado Springs. 719-528-1247
Polo Springs Veterinary Hospital is accepting pets from evacuated families. They are a veterinary hospital and boarding facility. 719-264-8384.
Goodwill is distributing donations to evacuees as needed.
The following businesses in Pueblo are accepting non-perishable food and personal care items for those fighting and evacuating the Waldo Canyon Wildfire.
- Care & Share, Inc. – 100 Greenhorn Dr.
- Accepting & transporting all donations to Colorado Springs.
- Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce – 302 N. Santa Fe Ave
- Andy Mac’s – 2149 Jerurphy Rd. -Discover Goodwill Southern & Western Colorado – 3610 Dillon Dr. (Accepting Food Only)-Fun Yogurt – 223 South Union Ave. -Garlic & Onions Mexican Grill – 4333 Thatcher Ave.
- Musso’s Italian Market & Deli – 105 South Union Ave.
- Musso’s Restaurant – 35250 Hwy 50 East
- Pantry Restaurant – 107 ½ East Abriendo Ave.
- Plan-b-Sports-bar – 1400 Santa Fe Dr.
- Pueblo Spradley – 2145 US 50
- Shear Results – 225 N. Santa Fe Ave.
- Snap Fitness – 198 South Purcell Blvd.
- Southside Applebee’s – 4001 West Northern Ave.
- The Edge Ski Paddle & Pack – 107 North Union Ave.
- All Colorado Springs area Home Depots (including Monument) are going to be collection sites for customers to bring items for Care and Share. 531-6400 Ext 100 for list of items.
If you are unable to donate or help with the auction, please do a rain dance, send wet thoughts, or say a prayer, whatever works for you. We need whatever help we can get!
Thank you for being the wonderful people you are!
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014