I have a bad back. I know I have mentioned this before but it is acting up something awful since N was born a little over two months ago. I have used up all my chiropractic visits on the insurance this year and can not afford to pay for a visit every week in cash. I go to my holistic MD tomorrow to get a referral for PT and Massage which have helped me recover three times previously when my back has gotten bad.
That being said my back HURTS! I can’t take NSAID’s because they kill my stomach, which I am trying to heal, and Tylenol does nothing SO what do you do for pain?
I do what I always do, opened up my herb cabinet and concocted a tea to help with the pain.
I am limited to a few things. The herbs have to be breast-feeding safe and they have to be what I have in the house.
This is what I came up with:
Equal parts:Chamomile: Anti inflammatory, Analgesic, Muscle Relaxer Yarrow: Promotes healing, strengthens muscles, Anti-inflammatory, Calming Nettle: Analgesic, good for reducing arthritic pain/inflammation. High in key nutrients the body needs to heal Rosemary: Anti-Inflammatory, analgesic Peppermint: Contains menthol, cooling, soothing, prevents spasms. It also helps with flavor. 1 slice of Ginger: Analgesic, warming, increases blood flow
This tea tastes terrible but it really helps kill the back pain. I drink a cup about every two hours. It works just about as well as NSAID’s do pain wise, without the terrible stomach pain. It does not make my back feel 100% but I am able to function enough to take care of the kids and survive until I can get into the doctor and physical therapy.
I am also drinking a lot of water to keep my disks hydrated and using essential oils that reduce pain and promote healing. I’ll post my essential oil protocol soon!
I either wild craft my herbs or buy them here.
How do you deal with chronic bad pain?
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014