Just a quick post about my husband’s gout. He is currently having a gout attack in his knee. He gets gout often due to an old kidney problem he had when he was younger. If you have suffered gout you know it is extremely painful, especially when it attacks a new joint, which it is in his case.
We are doing our best to avoid unnecessary medications (like hydrocodone) and were looking for a good way to treat the gout pain while his body fights the gout.
So, to treat gout pain we used essential oils of Frankincense, Basil, Geranium, and Peppermint 2 drops each combined with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil on the affected area about every 4 hours. After applying we put a hot pack (rice pack) on his knee. He says it helps his pain a lot and is helping him avoid needing the heavy duty pain killers.
I get my essential oils from my affiliate Mountain Rose Herbs
He is also taking an epsom salt bath with baking soda to help leech some of the uric acid out of his leg. Lets hope he is mobile by tomorrow!
After 24 hours of the gout attack start up, with the use of essential oils and the baking soda/Epsom salt bath, the attack has stopped. His knee is still sore from the damage from the gout crystals but the attack, which usually lasts about three days, has let up! He is amazed that it worked and I am glad to have had my husband back to help clean the house today. YAY!
What is your natural remedy for a gout attack?
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014