Just a quick post about my husband’s gout. He is currently having a gout attack in his knee. He gets gout often due to an old kidney problem he had when he was younger. If you have suffered gout you know it is extremely painful, especially when it attacks a new joint, which it is in his case.
We are doing our best to avoid unnecessary medications (like hydrocodone) and were looking for a good way to treat the gout pain while his body fights the gout.
So, to treat gout pain we used essential oils of Frankincense, Basil, Geranium, and Peppermint 2 drops each combined with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil on the affected area about every 4 hours. After applying we put a hot pack (rice pack) on his knee. He says it helps his pain a lot and is helping him avoid needing the heavy duty pain killers.
I get my essential oils from my affiliate Mountain Rose Herbs
He is also taking an epsom salt bath with baking soda to help leech some of the uric acid out of his leg. Lets hope he is mobile by tomorrow!
After 24 hours of the gout attack start up, with the use of essential oils and the baking soda/Epsom salt bath, the attack has stopped. His knee is still sore from the damage from the gout crystals but the attack, which usually lasts about three days, has let up! He is amazed that it worked and I am glad to have had my husband back to help clean the house today. YAY!
What is your natural remedy for a gout attack?
- Natural Living Monday - October 19, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - October 12, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - October 5, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 28, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 21, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 14, 2014
- BPA in receipts? What you need to know. - September 11, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - September 8, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - August 31, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - August 24, 2014