A friend of mine posted a recipe that looked pretty darn tasty an said her son (who is the same age as Ellie) loved it. I modified the recipe to be a little more healthy and gluten-free.
These muffins are delicious, moist and smell divine! We will most definitely be making them again. I had old bananas I had to use up anyway so it worked out well.
*note* I added an extra egg because I have been craving protein in a bad way. The texture was just fine I just made sure to beet the eggs thoroughly before adding everything else.
3 mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup honey (or brown sugar)
1/3 cup organic applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup Bob’s red mill all purpose (gf) flour 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice because that is what I found first)
1 cup GF oats
1/2 cup coconut flakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine egg, bananas, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon. Stir the oatmeal into the flour mixture. Gently stir flour mixture into the banana mixture. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to let cool before serving.
- Natural Living Monday - August 17, 2014
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - August 3, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - July 27, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - July 20, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - July 13, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014