This is just a quick post about the diaper salve I make for Ellie. It works great, is all natural and is anti bacterial, viral and fungal. Yes it kills fungus. Thank you tea tree oil! And as an added bonus, you can use it with cloth diapers!1/2 cup Plantain infused olive oil 1/4c Nettle infused olive oil 1/4 Callendula infused olive oil (You can also use chamomile in a pinch) 1 oz of bees wax.
Melt together on low heat with the double boiler method. The bees wax melts faster and more evenly if you grate it on the cheese grater first. The flakes melt nice and evenly. Remove from heat.
Add20 drops tea tree (Melaleuca) Essential oil, 20 drops Lavender Essential oil 10 drops Callendula Essential oil.
Pour in container and let solidify. If you want it a little creamyer add 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 oz bees wax instead.
Apply liberally to baby’s bum as needed for rash. Enjoy!
For how to make an herb infused oil see http://wp.me/p1zBYP-2u
This cream also works well on baby (and mommy’s) dry skin in a pinch.
- 15 Natural Life Hacks Using Tea - August 12, 2014
- Gut Soothing Herbal Tea Blend - August 7, 2014
- Heath Benefits of Tea – Camellia sinensis Materia Medica - August 5, 2014
- Honey and Hemp Shampoo Bar Recipe and Cold Process Soap Making Book Review - July 17, 2014
- Watermelon Rosemary Lime Infused Water - July 10, 2014
- How to Teach Your Toddler About Money - July 1, 2014
- How To Eat Gluten Free On Vacation - June 26, 2014
- Crockpot Chicharon and Black Bean Tacos Recipe - June 25, 2014
- Natural Living Monday - June 22, 2014
- Natural Herbal Living Magazine – Print Edition - June 20, 2014